Saturday, March 30, 2013

Spring Again 2013

"Gus! Gus! This is going to be the best spring ever!" Poor Gus rolled over and looked out the top window of the Winter Burrow. It looked like Spring had come again to Bloomfield Avenue. But why was trudy making all of that racket? "Gus, did you hear me? This is going to be the best spring. Ever." "I did hear you Trudy. I heard you the first, second, and third times that you called my name." "But Gus, if you heard me then why aren't ou getting up and getting dresses? Didn't you hear me say that this was going. to. be. the. best spring. ever.?" Trusy said each word very carefully. Gus just snuggled further under the covers. It might be spring on the calendar, but it was not spring to Gus until the sun shined for an entire day and the temperature eas above 50 degrees. "I heard everyoone in the house talking about redoing the garden this spring. I think that is why this is going to be the best Spring ever," Trudy hooted," new dirt for the beds, a new fence with proper gates, and pea gravel to cover all the crab grass. And Gus, a new house for us!" All of a sudden in a whirl and a flash, Gus was up and unning around the house in a very ungnome like fashion. He was muttering about his encils and paper and drawing up plans or the new house. Gus had wanted a new house for such a very long time. Trudy stopped in front of Gus," Sit down Gus. I will bring you your things, and a hot cup of tea." Gus sat in his thinking spot and lit his candle. True to her word, Trudy brought him his drawing materials, a big cup of hot tea, and a hot biscuit. Gus thanked her and began to work on his plans. Trudy nestled on her perch and hooted. This was going to be the best spring. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment